- Opportunity to join the world’s leading space-tech investment group.
- Background in science and engineering is mandatory
- 3-5 years of experience at a technology corporate or start-up, with experience in the aerospace industry strongly preferable.
- Demonstrable curiosity in the global startup ecosystem.
- Excellent written and communications skills, including the ability to distil complex technologies succinctly, prepare and deliver presentations to management
- Self-starter, capable of sourcing and executing projects independently
- Completed a graduate degree with a minimum 2:1 equivalent
- Fluent in English and right to work in the UK.
You will report to Seraphim’s Investment Manager and work closely with the rest of the investment team on:
- Deal flow origination
- Reviewing and logging business plans
- Evaluating / filtering of investment opportunities, with a focus on technology
- Meetings with management teams of potential investee businesses
- Assisting with due diligence including technology evaluation and market analysis
- Assisting in preparation of investment papers
- Attending monthly managing partner meetings
- Building the fund’s profile within technology divisions of aerospace corporates
- Co-ordinating and collaborating with Seraphim’s Head of Research on deep-dive research into key investment / emerging tech themes
- Support on corporate engagement
- Opportunity to support Seraphim Group activities e.g. mentoring Seraphim Space Camp Accelerator companies
- Attending events / speaking at events / networking
- General administrative duties.
Over time these responsibilities will evolve to also encompass the following:
- Attending Investment Committee meetings
- Assisting with term sheet creation and negotiation
- Assisting in compilation of portfolio company reports
- Supporting portfolio company strategies, M&A processes etc.
- Attending portfolio board meetings.
If you believe you meet the key requirements of this role, please email your CV and cover letter (explaining why you would be a good fit for the role) to email@example.com
Seraphim Space is the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to investing in space and drone start-ups. We focus on backing businesses that collect, communicate and navigate the Earth from above, in addition to the broader enabling technologies that support the full space-tech ecosystem. Seraphim’s £70M Space Fund has pioneered a multi-corporate venture fund model, harnessing the collective experience and expertise of leading space industry players including the likes of Airbus, SES and Telespazio, to provide start-ups the fund invests in with unparalleled access to, and guidance from, the top echelons of the space sector. Our team includes entrepreneurs who have scaled space-tech companies to billions of users and achieved $billion-valued exits, alongside experienced venture capitalists who have collectively invested in more than 200 early and growth stage companies. For more information, please visit: www.seraphimcapital.com
Opportunity to join the world’s leading space-tech investment group. A background in science and engineering is mandatory